Monday, October 13, 2008

Day in the country, relaxing in the city.

This weekend was just what the doctor ordered. Joel's parents -Nonnie and Big Joe, decided to have Riley down for the weekend, which gave Joel and I a relaxing time here at home. While I was soaking in the tub, giving myself a mani- and pedi-cure, watching some "girly" movies and having a night out with Joel, our little Riley was having a great time in the country feeding and petting horses, driving her Corvette and swinging on her swing set. It is such a blessing to have family near by (only an hours drive) and two wonderful Aunts who care so much about their little niece. Aunt Carley, who I think needs to start a career in  photography, took these wonderful pictures of our Riley feeding the horses. How I love the simple things.




2 comments:

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Precious! Frame worthy for sure! :) I take it she's feeling better??

The Long Family said...

So I thought I had your email but I guess not. I was wondering if you are going to Founder's day stuff on november 2? I really want to go and get involved with the alumni chapter of Zeta but don't want to go alone. Email me back at cglong82@yahoo.com Thanks, Carly